Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our school aims to . . .
- provide a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum of high quality which motivates the child to become a purposeful, active and successful learner;
- prepare children to become active and responsible adults in society;
- fulfill the requirements of the National Curriculum and those in Hertfordshire's agreed policies;
- provide a stimulating, welcoming, happy, secure and attractive environment;
- develop whole school approaches to ensure consistency, continuity and progression;
- provide positive opportunities for close co-operation and mutual support between home and school in all areas of school life;
- provide equal access to the curriculum for every child regardless of race, gender or disability;
- develop and promote meaningful links with the community, other schools (particularly the linked junior school), Hertfordshire Children, Schools & Families and local industry;
- provide teaching of high quality with tasks which provide appropriate challenge;
- cater for the learning needs of pupils of differing abilities and interests;
- consider the development of the whole child in our planning;
- provide an education which takes account of the multi-ethnic nature of society;
in order to enable a child to . . .
- develop all aspects of learning (physical, spiritual, moral, intellectual, emotional, cultural and social);
- develop a wide range of skills related to these aspects;
- develop respect for and sensitivity to the needs of others;
- work and play collaboratively;
- form good relationships;
- become literate and numerate;
- develop physical and manipulative skills;
- experience success as an active, self-motivated and persevering learner;
- achieve a positive self image;
- develop and enlarge their experience, imagination, understanding and knowledge;
- develop an awareness of and tolerance towards the beliefs, cultures and needs of others.